- Trained at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco.
- Got her big break when Lily Tomlin saw her perfom at a club and cast her in the 1981 film The Incredible Shrinking Woman.
- Worked at MTV at the same time as veejay "Downtown" Julie Brown and adopted the name "West Coast" Julie Brown to avoid confusion.
- Cast then-unknown comics Jim Carrey and Damon Wayans in her 1989 film Earth Girls are Easy.
- Won a Writers Guild of America award for her 1992 Showtime special, Medusa: Dare to Be Truthful.
- Leonard Francis Brown — Father
- Terrence E. McNally — Ex-husband
- Celia Jane Brown — Mother
- Kenneth Rathjen — Husband
- Paul Brown — Brother
- Penn Jillette — Ex-significant Other
- Attended Los Angeles Valley College, Van Nuys, California, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Arrow's Charlie Barnett Weighs in on JJ's Potential Redemption
- 2. The Flash's Hartley Sawyer Hints Fans Should Keep Their Eyes Peeled for Sue Dibny Clues
- 3. Legacies' Thomas Doherty Compares Sebastian and Lizzie to Gossip Girl's Chuck and Blair
- 4. CBS Renews Evil for Season 2 Because It Knows What's Good for It
- 5. 10 Spooky Shows to Stream for Halloween Screams
- 6. Castle Rock Season 2 Boss on Crafting the Origin Story for Misery's Annie Wilkes
- 7. Holiday Gift Ideas for Fans of Star Wars, Marvel, Game of Thrones, and More