- Family moved to Los Angeles soon after he was born, but returned to Vancouver when he was 8.
- First screen appearance was as an infant in the George C. Scott horror flick The Changeling, on which his mother was a second-unit director.
- Decided to become an actor at age 11; his mom tried to discourage his acting ambitions by taking him to an audition for a Keebler potato chips commercial but he landed the part.
- Came to fame playing a young hockey player in 1992's The Mighty Ducks and its two sequels.
- Won a Teen Choice Award for TV three years in a row (1999-2001) for his portrayal of Pacey Witter on Dawson's Creek.
- Made his stage debut opposite Patrick Stewart in a 2005 London production of David Mamet's A Life in the Theater.
- Appeared in the 2016 off-Broadway production of Smart People, opposite Tessa Thompson and Mahershala Ali.
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2009, Genie Awards — Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Winner
- Fiona Jackson — Mother
- Brittany Daniel — Ex-significant Other
- Lyman Jackson — Half Brother
- Aisleagh Jackson — Sister
- Diane Kruger — Ex-significant Other
- Jonathan Jackson — Half Brother
- John Jackson — Father
- Katie Holmes — Ex-significant Other
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Sex and the City's Sarah Jessica Parker Teases Carrie Bradshaw Return
- 2. Jeremiah Will Return and Evolve Again on Gotham
- 3. Red in Prison Is the Blacklist Storyline We Didn't Know We Needed
- 4. The Celebrity Big Brother Season 2 Cast Reveals Their Biggest Live-Feed Fears
- 5. Star Trek: Discovery Will Explore Number One's Relationship with Captain Pike
- 6. Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Is Stronger and More Fun
- 7. Dynasties Is a Powerful and Necessary New Species of Nature Documentary