- Son of legendary St. Louis Cardinals announcer Jack Buck; did the play-by-play for one inning of a Cardinals-Mets game on his 18th birthday when his dad left the booth and told him to take over.
- Began broadcasting career by calling play-by-play for Louisville Redbirds, a Cardinals minor-league team; began calling Cardinals games on KMOX TV and radio in 1991.
- Hired by Fox Sports in 1994 at age 25 to announce NFL games and became the youngest person to call pro games.
- At 27, became the youngest play-by-play announcer to call a World Series.
- Won his first Sports Emmy Award in 1999 for Outstanding Sports Personality.
- When he stopped broadcasting Cardinals baseball in 2008, he ended a 54-year run of Bucks (either Joe or his father) handling coverage of the team's games.
- Hosted an HBO series, Joe Buck Live, which was canceled after three episodes; the 2009 premiere was infamously hijacked by comic Artie Lange. Because of the Lange episode, as well as the general strain of booking guests, Buck was relieved when the show was dropped.
- His Joe Buck Golf Classic raises money for St. Louis Children's Hospital.
- Julie Buck — Sister
- Michelle Beisner — Wife
- Ann Archambault Buck — Ex-wife
- Jack Buck — Father
- Natalie Buck — Daughter
- Trudy Buck — Daughter
- Carole Buck — Mother
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, United States (BA in English, 1991)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Grey's Anatomy Took Elevator Foreplay to Another Level in the Winter Premiere
- 2. Gotham: Bane's Coming, Y'all
- 3. More Than 40 Million Netflix Viewers Have Been Creepin' on YOU
- 4. Oliver and Felicity Will Star in a Documentary in Arrow's 150th Episode
- 5. Red Checks in at Club Fed in This Exclusive The Blacklist Sneak Peek
- 6. Sabrina's Kiernan Shipka Will Star In a Netflix Holiday Rom-Com From John Green
- 7. How to Watch the Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Premiere Red Carpet