- Daughter of Monty Hall, the host of game show Let's Make a Deal.
- Wanted to act from age 10.
- Made her stage debut in the 1972 Los Angeles production of the musical Promises, Promises; made her Broadway debut in the 1977 Cy Coleman musical I Love My Wife.
- Won Tony, Drama Desk and Outer Critic Circle awards as the Baker's Wife in the Stephen Sondheim-James Lapine fairy tale musical Into the Woods (1987).
- Notable film roles include parts in the Woody Allen comedy-dramas Hannah and Her Sisters (1986) and Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989).
- Earned a 2005 Tony nomination for her role as Muriel in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, a part she took before it was completely written.
- 1988, Tony — Actress (Musical): Winner
- 1985, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- 2005, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Musical): Nominee
- Monty Hall — Father
- Marilyn Hall — Mother
- Alexis Sarandon — Stepson
- Richard Hall — Brother
- Stephanie Sarandon — Stepdaughter
- Michael Bennahum — Ex-husband
- Paul G. Gleason — Ex-husband
- Aaron David Gleason — Son
- Michael Sarandon — Stepson
- Sharon Hall — Sister
- Chris Sarandon — Husband
- University of California, Los Angeles, California, United States; Occidental College, Los Angeles, California, United States
- 1. Nina Dobrev Is Too Busy to Be on Legacies, but She Loves That You Love It
- 2. Put Some Respect on Chris Tucker's Name
- 3. Where All the People from Netflix's The Innocent Man Are Now
- 4. A Plea to Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 2: More Witchcraft, Less Romance
- 5. Rufus Lives in the Timeless Series Finale Trailer!
- 6. 4 Theories about the Gargoyle King on Riverdale That Sound Pretty Legit
- 7. 23 Easter Eggs in the Arrowverse 'Elseworlds' Crossover You May Have Missed