- Raspy-voiced singer whose trademark song was "Inka-Dinka-Doo."
- Nicknamed "Schnozzola" and "The Schnozz" because of his large nose; the nose was also referenced in the Cole Porter song "You're the Top" in the line "you're the nose on the great Durante."
- Owned a nightclub called Club Durant in the 1920s that was shut down because of Prohibition.
- Trademark closing line was "And goodnight Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are."
- 1952, Emmy — Best Comedian or Comedienne: Nominee
- 1950, Peabody — Personal Award: Winner
- 1953, Emmy — Most Outstanding Personality: Nominee
- 1953, Emmy — Best Comedian: Winner
- 1963, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- Maud Jeanne Olson — Wife (deceased)
- Rosa Durante — Mother
- Marjorie Little — Wife
- Cecelia Alicia Durante — Daughter
- Bartolomeo Durante — Father