- Launched her acting career at the age of 12, doing voice-over work for animator Co Hoedeman's program Masquerade for the National Film Board of Canada.
- Did voice-overs for Canadian cartoons while attending college.
- After graduating from McGill University, attended the Harvard-sponsored Institute of Advanced Theater Training at the American Repertory Theater for two years, appearing in productions of The Tempest and Tartuffe.
- Made guest appearances in two 1999 episodes of David E. Kelley's legal drama The Practice; Kelley then cast her in his short-lived ABC dramedy Snoops, before writing the role of Lauren Davis on Boston Public specifically for her.
- Originally trained in painting, she worked on the art pieces for Patricia Clarkson's character in the indie drama The Station Agent (2003).
- Speaks fluent French.
- 2009, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Winner
- Toby Gilsig — Father
- Clare Gilsig — Mother
- Bobby Salomon — Husband (separated)
- Penelope Clare Salomon — Daughter
- Deborah Gilsig — Sister
- McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (BA in English, 1993)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Say It Isn't So: Supernatural Will End After Season 15
- 2. HBO Is Bringing Back Perry Mason, and This Time He F*cks
- 3. We Need to Talk About That OA: Part II Ending
- 4. The Conners Is Coming Back for Season 2
- 5. Everything I Learned About Sex, I Learned From Black '90s Sitcoms
- 6. The Sex in Now Apocalypse Is Concerned with Liberation, Not Labels
- 7. Stranger Things Is a Stealth Blueprint for Successfully Navigating Puberty