- Grew up a Boston Bruins fan.
- Drafted by the Chicago Blackhawks in the first round of the 1988 NHL Draft.
- Nicknames include "J.R." and "Styles."
- Played for the 1998 and 2002 United States Olympic hockey teams, winning a silver medal in 2002.
- Selected to nine NHL All-Star teams during his career, his first in 1991 at his home arena, Chicago Stadium.
- Inducted into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame in 2010 along with Derian Hatcher, who broke Roenick's jaw in four places during the 1998-99 season.
- Became the third American-born player to score 500 goals.
- Partners with clothing company Muze, to help benefit the Wounded Warriors Project.
- While working as analyst for NBC during the 2010 Stanley Cup finals, became emotional after the Blackhawks, the team he spent his first eight seasons with in the NHL, won the Cup.
- Brandi Roenick — Daughter
- Brett Roenick — Son
- Tracy Roenick — Wife
Ranking Big Bang Theory's Guest Stars
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. ALF Actor Max Wright Dead at 75
- 2. The Rook Review: Somehow, This Drama Makes Dead Bodies and Olivia Munn Seem Dull
- 3. SyFy's Shark-Themed Weekend Is the Low-Budget Shark Week We Deserve
- 4. What to Stream the Weekend of June 28
- 5. Dulé Hill Confirms a Psych: The Movie 2 Time Jump
- 6. Everything to Know About Love Island USA, Your New Summer Obsession
- 7. Here's How to Watch the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup