- Grew up a Boston Bruins fan.
- Drafted by the Chicago Blackhawks in the first round of the 1988 NHL Draft.
- Nicknames include "J.R." and "Styles."
- Played for the 1998 and 2002 United States Olympic hockey teams, winning a silver medal in 2002.
- Selected to nine NHL All-Star teams during his career, his first in 1991 at his home arena, Chicago Stadium.
- Inducted into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame in 2010 along with Derian Hatcher, who broke Roenick's jaw in four places during the 1998-99 season.
- Became the third American-born player to score 500 goals.
- Partners with clothing company Muze, to help benefit the Wounded Warriors Project.
- While working as analyst for NBC during the 2010 Stanley Cup finals, became emotional after the Blackhawks, the team he spent his first eight seasons with in the NHL, won the Cup.
- Tracy Roenick — Wife
- Brett Roenick — Son
- Brandi Roenick — Daughter
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week – She's Gotta Have It, Rim of the World
- 2. Is The Society Renewed for Season 2?
- 3. The Week in Superlatives: Least Expected Burn, Best Kept Secret, and the Randomest Mic Drop
- 4. Adam Levine on Leaving The Voice: 'For Me, It Was Time to Move On'
- 5. Rim of the World Review: Stranger Things Rip-Off Is Dumb, but Watchable
- 6. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Is the Best Indiana Jones Movie
- 7. Go Behind the Scenes of That Andre Flashback Scene in Marvel's Cloak and Dagger