- Grew up a Boston Bruins fan.
- Drafted by the Chicago Blackhawks in the first round of the 1988 NHL Draft.
- Nicknames include "J.R." and "Styles."
- Played for the 1998 and 2002 United States Olympic hockey teams, winning a silver medal in 2002.
- Selected to nine NHL All-Star teams during his career, his first in 1991 at his home arena, Chicago Stadium.
- Inducted into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame in 2010 along with Derian Hatcher, who broke Roenick's jaw in four places during the 1998-99 season.
- Became the third American-born player to score 500 goals.
- Partners with clothing company Muze, to help benefit the Wounded Warriors Project.
- While working as analyst for NBC during the 2010 Stanley Cup finals, became emotional after the Blackhawks, the team he spent his first eight seasons with in the NHL, won the Cup.
- Brett Roenick — Son
- Tracy Roenick — Wife
- Brandi Roenick — Daughter
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Pick Your Favorite Ships and We'll Reveal Your TV Soulmate
- 2. The Queer Eye's Fab 5 Love Up on Each Other in This Video and It's Too Pure
- 3. Listen to Big Brother Brothers: The Ultimate Unofficial Podcast From TV Guide
- 4. How Everyone in Netflix's Dark Is Connected
- 5. Murder Mystery Review: The Real Mystery Is How Adam Sandler's New Film Is Decent
- 6. Anthony Bourdain's Graphic Novel Is Being Turned Into an Animated Series
- 7. Bob Dylan's Rolling Thunder Revue: What's Fact and What's Fiction?