This Canada-born actress started out as a teen model before landing acting gigs in her native country. In 2000, she moved to the U.S. to begin a four-year stint on the daytime soap The Bold and the Beautiful before graduating to prime time with a recurring role as a pathologist on Crossing Jordan. In 2005, Finnigan tried her hand at comedy on the short-lived sitcom Committed. But in the fall she returned to her dramatic roots, playing a brainy yet beautiful assistant district attorney/new mom on the legal series Close to Home, which ran for two years. Next up, she landed a lead role on the sitcom Better With You, opposite her former Committed costar Josh Cooke. Off screen, Finnigan is married to actor Jonathan Silverman (the two starred in the direct-to-video Beethoven's Big Break in 2008) and keeps busy with a variety of hobbies, including swing dancing.
- Started her career in modeling.
- Won three consecutive Daytime Emmy Awards (in 2002, 2003 and 2004) for playing Bridget Forrester on The Bold and the Beautiful.
- Speaks French fluently.
- Hobbies include creative writing, singing, piano, swing dancing and traveling.
- Starred as a woman caught in a controversial affair in a TV-movie, What Color Is Love?, which aired in 2009 on the Lifetime Movie Network; it touched on the issues of child custody and romance between races.
- Signed on in 2010 as a cast member of the ABC sitcom Better With You.
- Jonathan Silverman — Husband
- Diane Finnigan — Mother
- Jack Finnigan — Father
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. We Demand Justice for Old Knight, The OA's Telepathic Octopus
- 2. The Best Romance Shows and Movies to Stream on Netflix Right Now
- 3. What's Fact and Fiction in Netflix's Mötley Crüe Biopic The Dirt?
- 4. The Blacklist Gets the Band Back Together
- 5. Patricia Arquette's Kids Didn't Want Her to Star in Hulu's True Crime Story The Act
- 6. Queer Eye's Karamo Brown Reveals How He Gets That Emotional Breakthrough With Each 'Hero'
- 7. Aidy Bryant Takes Us Behind Filming Shrill's Empowering Fat Babe Pool Party