- Started modeling in print and TV ads at age 10.
- Made film debut in Sergio Leone's epic Once upon a Time in America (1984), playing Elizabeth McGovern's character as a child.
- In the 1980s, released a single in Japan called "Monologue of Love," sung in phonetic Japanese because she didn't actually speak the language.
- Married Paul Bettany, whom she met on the set of A Beautiful Mind (2001), in a secret ceremony at Gilmerton House, a centuries-old manor in East Lothian, Scotland.
- Son Stellan is named for Swedish actor Stellan Skarsgard.
- Delivered her daughter Agnes in a home water birth in May 2011.
- 2002, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 2001, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 2002, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 2004, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Actress: Nominee
- 2001, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2002, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Winner
- 2001, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Paul Bettany — Husband
- David Dugan — Ex-significant Other
- Stellan Bettany — Son
- Josh Charles — Ex-significant Other
- Billy Campbell — Ex-significant Other
- Eileen Connelly — Mother
- Gerard Connelly — Father
- Kai Dugan — Son
- Agnes Lark Bettany — Daughter
- Attended Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, United States; attended Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Everything We Know About the 2019 Primetime Emmy Awards
- 2. Creative Arts Emmys 2019: Complete Winners List
- 3. Rest Easy, Friends Fans, A Reboot Is Never Happening
- 4. I Watched All of Netflix's Abysmally Bad The I-Land So You Don't Have To
- 5. James Spader Reveals What Made Him Decide to Do The Blacklist
- 6. First Teaser for Supernatural's Final Season Marks The Woman in White's Return
- 7. Felicity Huffman Sentenced to Two Weeks in Jail For College Cheating Scandal