- Drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in the 20th round of the 1989 amateur draft.
- Has connections to all teams currently or formerly located in New York: He played for the Mets, Giants and Dodgers, and was traded from the Blue Jays to the Mets for pitcher David Cone, who pitched a perfect game for the Yankees.
- Hit for the cycle with the Giants in a 9-8 loss to Pittsburgh on May 3, 1999.
- Named National League MVP in 2000.
- Stirred controversy when he broke his wrist during spring training in 2002, claiming it had happened while washing his truck. It was later revealed to have happened while riding a motorcycle. Nonetheless, he returned to hit a career-high 37 home runs that season.
- Retired in 2008 holding the record for home runs as a second baseman with 351 (377 total).
- Tied with Craig Biggio (Houston Astros) for second on the list of Silver Slugger award winners for a second baseman with four---three with the Giants and one with the Dodgers. Ryne Sandberg of the Chicago Cubs is tops with seven.
- Dana Kent — Wife
- Lauren Elizabeth Kent — Daughter
- Colton Ryan Kent — Son
- Kaeden Thomas Kent — Son
- Hunter Franklin Kent — Son
- Attended University of California, Berkeley, California, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Wynonna Earp Stars Share Their Hopes and Predictions for Season 4
- 2. The Blacklist's Aram-Centric Episode Reveals What Happens When Keeping It Rich Goes Wrong
- 3. Netflix's Cowboy Bebop Faces Long Delay After John Cho's On-Set Injury
- 4. Supernatural's Kevin Tran Deserved Better in His Season 15 Return
- 5. iZombie's David Anders Joins Roswell, New Mexico Season 2
- 6. Fiona's Crappy Ex on Shameless Is Going to Be a Hot Doctor on Grey's Anatomy
- 7. Survivor: Island of the Idols: Ranking the Worst Lies in Survivor History ... Including Noura's