- Began racing at age 5 on a makeshift track built by his stepfather. By age 6 he was winning events racing a smaller car called a quarter midget.
- Attended the Buck Baker Driving School for stock-car racing.
- Won his first NASCAR Cup Championship in 1995.
- In 1999, created the Jeff Gordon Foundation, which supports children's charities. In 2006, the Jeff Gordon Children's Hospital opened in Concord, NC, and in 2010, his foundation changed its name to the Jeff Gordon Children's Foundation.
- Hosted a 2003 episode of Saturday Night Live.
- Authored Jeff Gordon: Racing Back to the Front — My Memoir (2003).
- Appeared in the films Looney Tunes: Back in Action (2003) and Herbie: Fully Loaded (2005). Provided the voice of an animated car in Cars 2 (2011).
- A fine-wine enthusiast, he partnered with the owner of Briggs & Sons Winemaking Co. to launch a series of wines labeled the Jeff Gordon Collection in the fall of 2005.
- In 2007, became one of the founding members of Athletes for Hope, a nonprofit organization that connects professional athletes with charitable organizations.
- Ingrid Vandebosch — Wife
- Leo Benjamin Gordon — Son
- Brooke Sealy — Ex-wife
- Kim — Sister
- Carol Bickford — Mother
- John Bickford — Stepfather
- Ella Sofia Gordon — Daughter
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. How to Watch Hocus Pocus This Halloween Season
- 2. Here's Your Essential Star Wars Holiday Gift Guide
- 3. Netflix's Let It Snow Trailer Shows Kiernan Shipka Turning Up at an Epic Christmas Party
- 4. How to Watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown This Halloween Season
- 5. Hulu's Looking for Alaska Changed My Mind About John Green's Novel and My Own Depression
- 6. American Horror Story: 1984's Leslie Grossman Shares Her Hopes for Margaret's Ultimate Fate
- 7. Justice for Banshee, the Pulpiest Drama of the Decade That Deserves More Props