- Named the Funniest Person in Rhode Island in a Showtime-sponsored comedian search while she was still in college.
- Worked as a Boston bike messenger during the early days of her stand-up career.
- Married her then-boyfriend, writer Robert Cohen, in 1991 in Las Vegas as a joke; the relationship ended soon after, but they didn't bother to get divorced until 2012.
- Early TV work was on the sketch comedies the Ben Stiller Show and Saturday Night Live.
- Played Mabel, the grown-up daughter of Helen Hunt's and Paul Reiser's characters, in the 1999 finale of NBC sitcom Mad About You.
- Hosted a talk show on the now-defunct progressive radio network Air America Radio.
- Moved into more dramatic TV roles with one-season stints on West Wing, 24 and Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior.
- Named her entertainment company I Hate Myself Productions.
- Has several tattoos, including the word "Think" inked on her forearm.
- 1996, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress for a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1997, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Craig Bierko — Ex-significant Other
- Carmine Garofalo — Father
- Mitch Rouse — Ex-significant Other
- Robert Cohen — Ex-husband
- Joan Garofalo — Mother
- Providence College, Providence, Rhode Island, United States (BA in History, 1986)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Walking Dead Sent Carol Down a Dark Path
- 2. These Are All the Comics Easter Eggs in Watchmen
- 3. This Week, Prodigal Son Will Finally Reveal Why Dani Trusts Bright So Much
- 4. Tom Brady Isn't Happy About that Living With Yourself Cameo Backlash
- 5. Watch Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon Recreate a Favorite Friends Scene
- 6. Wynonna Earp Stars Share Their Hopes and Predictions for Season 4
- 7. The Blacklist's Aram-Centric Episode Reveals What Happens When Keeping It Rich Goes Wrong