- Was a competitive skater for 13 years and as a high-school senior took part in the pregame shows for the Detroit Red Wings ice hockey team.
- Made her TV debut in 2003 on the ABC daytime drama All My Children.
- Following a whirlwind romance after meeting on the set of the film Prom Night, married her second husband, actor Johnathon Schaech, but the couple separated just a month after their Fourth of July nuptials.
- Started her country music career in June 2012 with the release of her single "Why Ya Wanna" from her self-titled debut LP under Elektra Records.
- Marked 2013 by opening for Blake Shelton's tour in Virginia and winning Top New Female Artist at the ACM Awards.
- Met third husband, football player Michael Caussin, on Twitter after he favorited some of her posts.
- Has worked extensively with the charity Hearts2Honduras, which she partnered with when filming the music video for her song "Love" in El Progreso, Honduras, during a trip with 34 fans that included building a community center and visiting an orphanage.
- 2013, CMT Music Awards — Female Video of the Year: Nominee
- 2013, CMT Music Awards — Breakthrough Video of the Year: Nominee
- 2016, CMT Music Awards — Female Video of the Year: Nominee
- Michael Gambino — Ex-husband
- Nora Kramer — Mother
- Johnathon Schaech — Ex-husband
- Jolie Rae Caussin — Daughter
- Martin Kramer — Father
- Brantley Gilbert — Ex-fiancé
- Scott Eastwood — Ex-significant Other
- Steve Kramer — Brother
- Mike Caussin — Husband (separated)