- Grew up in Carville, LA, a town on the Mississippi River named for his grandfather, who was its postmaster.
- As a teen, he worked on his first political campaign for a car dealer running for the Louisiana state legislature.
- Served in the United States Marine Corps from 1966 to 1968.
- Taught eighth-grade science in rural Louisiana.
- Has appeared as himself on Mad About You, Spin City, The Family Guy and Arli$$. Played a prosecutor in Milos Forman's 1996 film The People vs. Larry Flynt. Had a cameo in the 2005 comedy Wedding Crashers.
- Both he and his wife, GOP stalwart Mary Matalin, hosted CNN's raucous Crossfire, but not at the same time.
- A prolific author, his books include such New York Times best sellers as We're Right, They're Wrong (1996), and a children's book, Lu and the Swamp Ghost (2004).
- In 2009, joined the faculty of Tulane University to teach political science.
- Lucille Norman Carville — Mother
- Steve Carville — Brother
- Bonnie — Sister
- Emerson "Emma" Normand Carville — Daughter
- Gail — Sister
- Angela — Sister
- Bill Carville — Brother
- Mary Anne — Sister
- Mary Matalin — Wife
- Chester James Carville — Father
- Pat — Sister
- Matalin "Matty" Carville — Daughter
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States (BS 1970; D.Law 1973)
Let's Talk About Sex on TV, Baby
Sex Ed Week explores the ways TV is pushing boundaries forward – and the ways it still lets us down
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Saved By the Bell Cast Had a Reunion and Fans Are Demanding a Revival
- 2. Relax, Game of Thrones Fans, the Night King Was Just Arrested in Norway
- 3. Gotham Actress Camren Bicondova Replaced Ahead of Series Finale
- 4. One Chicago Is Losing Jon Seda and Two More Actors
- 5. Angry Red Keeps Things Interesting on The Blacklist
- 6. Bellamy and Echo Will Be a 'Great Unit' in The 100 Season 6
- 7. Station 19 Just Tried to Pull a This Is Us with Chief Ripley