- Created her stage name by combining her dog's name, Iggy, with the name of the street she lived on as a child.
- Began rapping at age 14.
- Dropped out of high school and moved to the U.S. by herself just before she turned 16.
- Released her debut mix tape, Ignorant Art, in 2011.
- Signed with Wilhelmina Models International in 2012, and has modeled in campaigns for Levi's and House of Holland.
- Released her debut album, The New Classic, in 2014.
- In 2014, became the second artist, after The Beatles in 1964, to have the number 1 and 2 songs on the Billboard Hot 100 charts, with "Fancy" and "Problem" (which was a collaboration with Ariana Grande).
- 2015, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Hip-Hop Artist: Winner
- Emerald — Sister
- Tanya Kelly — Mother
- A$AP Rocky — Ex-significant Other
- Brendan Kelly — Father
- Nick Young — Ex-fiancé
- Mathias — Brother