- Was editor of the New York University Law Review.
- During his pre-TV career as an attorney, he represented Willie Mays.
- In a 1970s TV GUIDE poll, Cosell was named the most popular — and least popular — sportscaster.
- Played himself in three Woody Allen films (1971's Bananas, 1973's Sleeper and 1984's Broadway Danny Rose).
- Was on the faculty of Brown University and lectured at Yale.
- Authored three autobiographies.
- Was portrayed by John Turturro in Monday Night Mayhem, a 2002 TV-movie about his years on Monday Night Football with Frank Gifford and Don Meredith.
- 1974, Emmy — Outstanding Achievement in Sports Programming: Nominee
- Jill Cohane — Daughter
- Nellie Cohen — Mother
- Hilary Salomon — Daughter
- Mary Edith 'Emmy' Abrams — Wife
- Isadore Cohen — Father
- Hilton — Brother
- New York University, New York, New York, United States (1940)
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Every Episode of Game of Thrones, Ranked From Worst to Best
Find out which episode of the HBO hit reigns supreme.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. All the Twilight Zone Easter Eggs We've Found So Far
- 2. Lucifer Introduces a Hellish New Love Triangle in Season 4 Trailer
- 3. The Jane the Virgin Cast's Wrap Photos Will Make You Tear Up
- 4. The Big Bang Theory's Rati Gupta Says Raj and Anu's Happy Ending Might Not Be Together
- 5. It's Time to Let Chris Evans Be More Than Just Captain America
- 6. Could The 100 Season 6 See More Major Character Deaths Than Ever?
- 7. Chicago P.D.'s Burgess Tapped Into Her Inner Darkness in an Emotionally Charged Episode