- At 8, talked his mother into taking him to an open casting call for the Sissy Spacek film Raggedy Man (1981), and won the role of her son.
- His audition for E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial left Steven Spielberg in tears.
- Was originally set to play the young King Arthur in the 1998 miniseries Merlin, but was denied entry into England because his working papers were not in order; he was replaced in the cast by Paul Curran.
- Was in a Texas band called the Blue Heelers in the mid-to-late 1990s and the California-based band Farspeaker in the 2010s.
- Inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame in 2013.
- 1983, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actor: Nominee
- 1996, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 1983, BAFTA Film Awards — Outstanding Newcomer to Leading Film Roles: Nominee
- Marie Zielcke — Ex-wife
- Hazel Thomas — Daughter
- Henry Jackson Thomas — Father
- Kelley Hill — Ex-wife
- Carolyn L. Thomas — Mother
- Attended Blinn College, Brenham, Texas, United States
Every Episode of Game of Thrones, Ranked From Worst to Best
Find out which episode of the HBO hit reigns supreme.
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. A Gossip Girl Alum and a Workaholics Star Will Play Bow's Parents in black-ish's Flashback Episode
- 2. Natasha Lyonne Falls in Love in This Hilarious Documentary Now! Sneak Peek
- 3. How to Watch All the March Madness Games This Year
- 4. The Riverdale Cast Teases What to Expect from the Heathers Musical
- 5. The Best Documentaries on Netflix Right Now
- 6. Leaving Neverland Director Wants to Do a Sequel About Michael Jackson's Trial
- 7. Sabrina Embraces Her Dark Side in the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 2 Trailer