- His first role was in a Pizza Hut commercial at the age of 4.
- Made his film debut as Forrest Gump Jr. in 1994's Oscar-winning Forrest Gump.
- His father, also an actor, has made cameo appearances in several of Haley's films, including Secondhand Lions and Pay It Forward.
- Voiced the character of Sora in the Kingdom Hearts video-game series.
- Made his Broadway debut in 2008 in David Mamet's American Buffalo.
- Is an avid golfer and has appeared in the Michael Douglas & Friends Celebrity Golf Tournament.
- 1999, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1999, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2002, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Young Actor/Actress: Nominee
- 2000, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2000, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Child Performance: Winner
- Emily Osment — Sister
- Theresa Osment — Mother
- Eugene Osment — Father
- New York University, New York, New York, United States (2010)