- Was a lawyer for 12 years before becoming a comedian.
- Moved to Sweden from New York with his wife in 2006.
- Began doing stand-up comedy in 2012.
- Created and starred in a sitcom, Welcome to Sweden, based off of his own life experience.
- Amy Poehler — Sister
- Eileen Poehler — Mother
- Charlotta Poehler — Wife
- William Poehler — Father
- Boston College, Boston, Massachusetts, United States (BA in Math, 1996); Fordham University, School of Law, New York, New York, United States (JD in Law); Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden (MA)