- Is named Ginger after the Gilligan's Island character.
- Developed an interest in severe weather at age 8 during an extremely volatile summer spent in a cottage on the shores of Lake Michigan.
- Served as an adjunct professor at her alma mater Valparaiso University from 2008-2011.
- Is an adventure enthusiast who has gone para-hawking in Nepal, para-glided from the Himalayas to the Andes, swam with sharks in the Bahamas and rappelled 27 stories down the Wit Hotel in Chicago.
- In July 2015, a pregnant Zee revealed the gender of her first child with husband Ben Aaron during a live Good Morning America segment.
- Has worked with the group Wake Up Narcolepsy to raise awareness about the chronic sleep disorder, which she was diagnosed with when she was 21.
- Ben Aaron — Husband
- Sean Jeffrey Zuidgeest — Brother
- Adrian Benjamin Colonomos — Son
- Dawn E. Zuidgeest — Mother
- Robert O. Zuidgeest — Father
- Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, Indiana, United States (BS in Meteorology, 2002)