- Her mother is African-American and her father is Puerto Rican.
- Is a classically trained dancer.
- Was originally planning to be a lawyer.
- Was nominated for an ALMA Award in 1999 for Outstanding Individual Performance in a Made-for-Television Movie or Mini-Series in a Crossover Role, for The Temptations.
- In 2007, founded Project Reina, an organization that educates young women about HIV/AIDS prevention.
- 2008, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2007, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. This Beyoncé TV Special Will Make Up for the Emmys Snub, BeyHive
- 2. Everything We Know About the 2019 Primetime Emmy Awards
- 3. Creative Arts Emmys 2019: Complete Winners List
- 4. Rest Easy, Friends Fans, A Reboot Is Never Happening
- 5. I Watched All of Netflix's Abysmally Bad The I-Land So You Don't Have To
- 6. James Spader Reveals What Made Him Decide to Do The Blacklist
- 7. First Teaser for Supernatural's Final Season Marks The Woman in White's Return