- Made her stage debut in a 1972 Toronto production of Godspell.
- Joined a Second City Toronto troupe in 1973 that included Dan Aykroyd, Brian Doyle-Murray and Eugene Levy.
- Made her first film appearance in 1973's The Last Detail, which featured future Saturday Night Live cast member Randy Quaid
- Notable SNL characters Emily Litella, Roseanne Roseannadanna and Baba Wawa were included in her 1979 Broadway debut Gilda Radner: Live From New York, which was released on film and as an album titled Gilda Live!
- Met future husband Gene Wilder while filming the 1982 movie Hanky Panky and made her final film appearance opposite him in 1986's Haunted Honeymoon.
- Wrote about her battle with ovarian cancer in the best-selling, posthumously published memoir It's Always Something.
- The Gilda Radner Hereditary Cancer Program at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center conducts research for women at risk for breast and ovarian cancers.
- 1978, Emmy — Outstanding Continuing or Single Performance by a Supporting Actress in Variety or Music: Winner
- 1977, Emmy — Outstanding Continuing or Single Performance by a Supporting Actress in Variety or Music: Nominee
- 1988, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1979, Emmy — Outstanding Comedy - Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- 1989, Grammy — Best Spoken Word Album: Winner
- Bill Murray — Ex-significant Other
- G.E. Smith — Ex-husband
- Gene Wilder — Husband
- Henrietta Radner — Mother
- Michael Radner — Brother
- Herman Radner — Father
- Attended University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States