- Her hometown, Bournville, was a model village planned by the Cadbury chocolate company.
- First acting job was at age 11, in the British TV movie The Treasure Seekers, opposite a young Kiera Knightley.
- At age 15, she began playing Emma Carter on the long-running BBC Radio series The Archers; she continued to play the role while attending university.
- Was the face of Dolce & Gabbana's makeup line in 2011.
- Starred in Luise Miller at the Donmar Warehouse in London in 2011.
- 2014, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2011, Sundance Film Festival — Special Jury Prize: Dramatic: Winner
- 2015, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Actress: Nominee
- 2014, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2015, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Leading Actress: Nominee
- 2014, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2015, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- Ed Fornieles — Ex-significant Other
- Michael Hadley — Uncle
- University of Oxford, Wadham College, Oxford, England (English, 2006)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Bane Is Coming for Babs in This Gotham Sneak Peek
- 2. Schitt's Creek Renewed for Sixth and Final Season
- 3. Everything We Know About Black Mirror Season 5
- 4. Steven Universe Beautifully Fosters Non-Binary Self-Love Without Being Too Preachy
- 5. TV Still Struggles with Body-Positive Sex, But Shrill Is a Big Step Forward
- 6. Lifetime's She's Too Young Was a Sex Ed Cult Classic That Deserves More Respect
- 7. Courteney Cox Revisited Her Friends Apartment and We Couldn't Be Any More Nostalgic