- Suffered from anorexia nervosa as she grew up, forcing her to move in and out of rehabilitation clinics. Years later, she wrote an essay on the subject entitled, Why the Body Bind is My Nightmare.
- Was so determined to get a copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix upon it's release, she persuaded doctors to let her out of hospital early so she could get it.
- Wrote letters to author J.K. Rowling as a child while she was suffering with anorexia. Rowling supported her, and when Lynch stated she dreamed of being in the film adaptations, Rowling encouraged her to pursue this dream.
- Studied at the Centre for Talented Youth in Dublin, Ireland.
- Designed the elements of her own costume for the role of Luna Lovegood, including radish shaped earrings and a lion-head hat.
- As a UNICEF supporter, traveled to the Philippines in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan.
- 0, — :
- Emily Lynch — Sister
- Marguerite Lynch — Mother
- Donal Lynch — Father
- Mairead Lynch — Sister
- Patrick Lynch — Brother