- Got his first pair of skates as a Christmas present from his grandmother when he was 8.
- Was selected as a member of his high school's prom court.
- Finished fourth at the 2006 Winter Olympics games in Turin, Italy.
- In Los Angeles in 2009, he became the first U.S. men's skater in 13 years to win the World Championship.
- Won gold in the Men's Singles competition at the 2010 Winter Olympic games in Vancouver.
- Appeared on season 10 of Dancing with the Stars, partnered with pro dancer Anna Trebunskaya; the pair came in second place.
- Has appeared in Ralph Lauren photo campaign for the Olympics.
- Was forced to pull out of the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia after injuring his hip, but still attended the games as an analyst for NBC.
- Charities include the Ronald McDonald Charity Houses, the Make-a-Wish Foundation, Special Olympics and Figure Skating in Harlem.
- Many of his costumes are designed by Vera Wang.
- Christina — Sister
- Tanith Belbin — Ex-significant Other
- Don Lysacek — Father
- Tanya Lysacek — Mother
- Laura — Sister
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Sabrina's Kiernan Shipka Will Star In a Netflix Holiday Rom-Com From John Green
- 2. How to Watch the Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Premiere Red Carpet
- 3. Riverdale Is Doing Another Musical - And Yes, Jughead Is Singing!
- 4. Amazon Prime's February Line-Up Features Jordan Peele's Lorena Bobbitt Docuseries and More
- 5. American Vandal's Melvin Gregg Stars in Netflix B-Ball Drama Movie High Flying Bird
- 6. Grey's Anatomy's Sandra Oh and Kevin McKidd Had a Moment After the Golden Globes
- 7. Schitt's Creek Season 5 Is Moira's Moment, Peasants