From her soapy start as a mentally unstable wife on The Young and the Restless to the sudsy prime-time series that skyrocketed her to fame, this Desperate Housewives actress knows how to play camp and glam to the hilt. Known for her sexy style and persona, both on camera and off, Longoria has been the face of L'Oreal Paris, Bebe Sport and Hanes. Her business and charitable interests quiet those who see her simply as a Latina bombshell. She opened Beso, a Latin-fusion steakhouse, in 2008 with chef Todd English, and serves as a spokesperson for PADRES, an organization aiding Latino children with cancer. And in 2009, she went back to school to get her Master's degree in Chicano Studies and Political Science. Inspired by her sister Elizabeth, who was born with Down syndrome---she also helped create Eva's Heroes, a foundation offering enrichment opportunities for developmentally challenged youth.
- Appeared in stage productions while attending Texas A&M University, Kingsville.
- Named Miss Corpus Christi USA in 1998.
- Was signed by an agent after entering a talent contest that brought her to Los Angeles after college.
- Won ALMA Awards in 2002 (for the role of Isabella Brana Williams in The Young and the Restless) and 2006 (for Person of the Year).
- Made her professional theatrical debut in 2003 in What the Rabbi Saw.
- Coproduces and has appeared in Hot Tamales Live, a sketch-comedy show in L.A.
- Founded Eva's Heroes in 2006, which aids developmentally challenged children.
- Released her first book, Eva's Kitchen: Cooking with Love for Family and Friends, in 2011.
- Spoke at the 2012 National Democratic Convention.
- 2007, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Female TV Star: Winner
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2004, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 2007, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2006, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 2008, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Tony Parker — Ex-husband
- Tyler Christopher — Ex-husband
- Enrique Longoria — Father
- Ella Longoria — Mother
- Elizabeth — Sister
- Esmeralda — Sister
- Emily — Sister
- Eduardo Cruz — Ex-significant Other
- Harper Seven Beckham — Godchild
- Jose Antonio Baston — Husband
- Texas A&M University, Kingsville, Texas, United States (BS in Kinesiology, 1997); California State University, Northridge, California, United States (MA in Chicano Studies, 2013)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Free Idea for Disney Plus: Give Solo: A Star Wars Story Its Own TV Show
- 2. CBS Announces Midseason Premiere Dates for NCIS, Criminal Minds, and More
- 3. The Walking Dead May Have Just Started the Beginning of the End
- 4. YOU Season 2: Here's Everything We Know So Far
- 5. YOU Season 2 Premiere Date, Key Art Released by Netflix
- 6. Shadowhunters and The Big Bang Theory Win Big at the People's Choice Awards
- 7. Here's When One Day at a Time Season 4 Premieres on Pop TV