- After working in theatrical touring productions, she found Broadway success in 1901 with Captain Jinks of the Horse Marines and eventually became known as "the first lady of the American stage."
- Rasputin and the Empress (1932) was the only film in which she appeared with her brothers, John and Lionel.
- Announced her retirement from acting in 1936, only to return to the Broadway stage the following year in The Ghost of Yankee Doodle.
- Always preferred the stage to the screen; once said about television, "It's hell."
- Turned down a marriage proposal from Winston Churchill.
- The great-aunt of actress Drew Barrymore.
- A Broadway theater on West 47th Street bears her name.
- 1955, Emmy — Best Actress in a Single Performance: Nominee
- 1949, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1944, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 1947, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1946, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- John Barrymore — Brother
- Samuel Colt — Son
- Georgiana Drew Barrymore — Mother
- Maurice Barrymore — Father
- John Drew Jr. — Uncle
- Ethel Miglietta — Daughter
- Diana Barrymore — Niece
- John Drew Barrymore — Nephew
- Russell G. Colt — Ex-husband
- Sidney Drew — Uncle
- Lionel Barrymore — Brother
- Louisa Lane Drew — Grandmother
- Dolores Ethel Mae Barrymore — Niece
- John Drew Colt — Son
- John Drew — Grandfather
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Walking Dead Showed Us Alpha's Brutal Origins in a Flashback-Heavy Episode
- 2. True Detective Just Made Its Connection to Season 1 Explicit, but We Still Have Questions
- 3. Counterpart Creator Breaks Down That Nail-Biter Season Finale
- 4. Chicago Police Seek to Interview Jussie Smollett Again After Two Suspects Released
- 5. Donald Trump Calls Saturday Night Live a 'Total Republican Hit Job' After National Emergency Sketch
- 6. 7 Burning Questions The Umbrella Academy Season 2 Needs to Answer
- 7. The 12 Biggest Differences Between Netflix's Umbrella Academy and the Comics