Popular supporting actor Suplee started his career with a recurring role as a good-natured bully on the sitcom Boy Meets World and made his film debut opposite his childhood friend Jason Lee in Kevin Smith's 1995 flop Mallrats. But the collaboration proved important: Not only did Smith cast him in more movies (including Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Clerks II), but Suplee became a star as Lee's dimwitted buddy on the sitcom My Name Is Earl in 2005. Along the way Suplee also proved his versatility in a string of big-screen roles, segueing from sweet (Return of the Titans) to scary (American History X) to stupid (Without a Paddle). Post Earl, the actor has appeared in films such as the critically acclaimed Brothers (2009).
- Has been friends with actor and frequent costar Jason Lee since childhood.
- Was convinced to take acting classes at 16 by friend Giovanni Ribisi. Ribisi's mother was later Suplee's manager.
- Career took off after he dropped out of an acting class when the teacher would not advance him to the next level; at 17, landed a part on the sitcom Boy Meets World.
- Is married to Brandy Lewis, the sister of actress Juliette Lewis.
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Bella — Stepdaughter
- Lily — Stepdaughter
- Brandy Lewis — Wife
- Francis Clementine Suplee — Daughter
- Samantha Suplee — Sister
- Billie Grace Suplee — Daughter
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Here's What's Coming to Amazon in October
- 2. Honey Boy Review: Shia LaBeouf Interrogates Even Stevens Past in Bracing Drama
- 3. Red Is Getting Bled in The Blacklist Season 7 Trailer
- 4. Seinfeld Is Coming to Netflix — But You'll Have to Wait
- 5. Charlie Hunnam Books First TV Role Since Sons of Anarchy
- 6. Who Do You Think Will Win Season 14 of America's Got Talent?
- 7. Lin-Manuel Miranda's Kingkiller Chronicle No Longer Heading to Showtime