- Made her Broadway debut as a cast member in Happy Hunting (1956); her numerous Broadway credits include stints as both an actor and a director.
- Served as the artistic director for the Actors Studio from 1998 to 2003.
- Has taught acting at schools including Yale and Columbia.
- Is the grandmother of NFL offensive lineman Eben Britton.
- 1978, Tony — Actress (Play): Nominee
- 1971, Tony — Actress (Dramatic): Nominee
- 1967, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 2002, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- 1971, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Nominee
- 1969, Tony — Actress (Dramatic): Nominee
- 2014, Tony — Actress (Play): Nominee
- 1968, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- Elinor Parsons — Mother
- Martha — Daughter
- Abraham Zimroth — Son
- Richard Gehman — Ex-husband
- Eben Parsons — Father
- Peter Zimroth — Husband
- Abbie — Daughter
- Connecticut College, New London, Connecticut, United States (1949); attended Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Saturday Night Live Spoofs the Shutdown with Deal or No Deal Parody
- 2. At Long Last, the American Gods Season 2 Trailer Is Here
- 3. Happy Super Blood Wolf Moon! Here's a Ranking of the Best TV Werewolves
- 4. Sex and the City's Sarah Jessica Parker Teases Carrie Bradshaw Return
- 5. Jeremiah Will Return and Evolve Again on Gotham
- 6. Red in Prison Is the Blacklist Storyline We Didn't Know We Needed
- 7. The Celebrity Big Brother Season 2 Cast Reveals Their Biggest Live-Feed Fears