- Father was a Prohibition-era bootlegger.
- From 1945 to '50, wrote a weekly humor column for the Trentonian (NJ) newspaper.
- In 1953, despite gaining custody of his two daughters from his ex-wife, she disappeared with the girls and Kovacs didn't see them for almost two years before being reunited with them in 1955.
- Died in 1962 at age 42 in a car accident in Los Angeles.
- Jeff Goldblum portrayed him in the 1984 TV movie Ernie Kovacs: Between the Laughter.
- A 1987 inductee into the Television Academy Hall of Fame.
- Epitaph on his tombstone reads "Nothing in Moderation."
- 1957, Emmy — Best Continuing Performance by a Comedian in a Series: Nominee
- 1962, Emmy — Outstanding Achievement in Electronic Camera Work: Winner
- 1958, Emmy — Best Comedy Writing: Nominee
- 1957, Emmy — Best Comedy Writing - Variety or Situation Comedy: Nominee
- Andrew Kovacs — Father
- Edie Adams — Wife
- Kippie Raleigh Kovacs — Daughter
- Mary Kovacs — Mother
- Elisabeth Lee Andrea Kovacs — Daughter
- Bette Lee Wilcox — Ex-wife
- Mia Susan Kovacs — Daughter
- Thomas Kovacs — Half Brother
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. GLOW Renewed for Fourth and Final Season at Netflix
- 2. Who Will Win Big Brother 21 – and Who Should Win?
- 3. Emmys 2019: How to Watch, Who's Nominated, And Everything Else to Know
- 4. The Crown Season 3 Teaser Introduces Olivia Colman's Queen
- 5. The Week in Superlatives: Best Firsts, Most Vicious Memes, and the Gratuitous Abs Display
- 6. Prodigal Son Review: Tom Payne and Michael Sheen Ham Up This Serial Killer Thriller
- 7. Simone Missick on Why Her All Rise Role Is a Political Statement