- His Americanized stage name was derived from the German town where he grew up, Bredenbek.
- Played on a 1972-73 Los Angeles-based semi-pro soccer team.
- Landed roles as Germans in a number of World War II series and movies, including Captain Dietrich in ABC's The Rat Patrol.
- Portrayed millionaire John Jacob Astor in James Cameron's Titanic.
- Had multiple Daytime Emmy nominations for his work as Victor Newman on The Young and the Restless and won in 1998.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2007.
- Got into a minor Twitter war of words with Neil Patrick Harris in 2010 after Harris bashed Braeden about pulling out of a role on How I Met Your Mother.
- 1992, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Male Performer in a Daytime Serial: Winner
- Christian Gudegast — Son
- Dale Gudegast — Wife
- Matilde Gudegast — Mother
- Wilhelm Gudegast — Father
- Attended Montana State University, Missoula, Montana, United States; attended Santa Monica College,Santa Monica, California, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Everything We Know About the 2019 Primetime Emmy Awards
- 2. Creative Arts Emmys 2019: Complete Winners List
- 3. Rest Easy, Friends Fans, A Reboot Is Never Happening
- 4. I Watched All of Netflix's Abysmally Bad The I-Land So You Don't Have To
- 5. James Spader Reveals What Made Him Decide to Do The Blacklist
- 6. First Teaser for Supernatural's Final Season Marks The Woman in White's Return
- 7. Felicity Huffman Sentenced to Two Weeks in Jail For College Cheating Scandal