Born in California, Walsh spent the first 10 years of his life traveling the world with his parents, who worked in the U.S. Foreign Service. After settling in Washington, D.C., the teen began appearing in high-school and professional stage productions, eventually landing a recurring role on the sitcom Kate & Allie. Film parts followed with his debut in the 1989 comedy Loverboy. In 1996, he starred in Eden with his current wife, Joanna Going, although he was married to actress Melora Walters at the time. His years of solid work impressed Nip/Tuck creator Ryan Murphy enough to write a star-making part specifically for him.
- Born during a stopover in L.A. while his parents, who worked for the U.S. Foreign Service, were on their way to the U.S. Embassy in Ghana.
- Spent childhood in East Africa, Indonesia and India.
- Started acting in high school.
- After landing a part in a Schoolbreak Special, earned a recurring role on the sitcom Kate & Allie.
- Once dated Julia Roberts.
- Though working steadily in movies and on television, his star rose while playing a plastic surgeon on the graphic cutting-edge drama Nip/Tuck.
- Amelie Belle — Daughter
- Thomas Charles Walsh — Son
- Alison Walsh — Sister
- Joanna Going — Ex-wife
- Joanna Marie Walsh — Daughter
- Melora Walters — Ex-wife
- Stella Haven Walsh — Daughter
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States (BA in English)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. How to Get Away with Murder Is About to Answer All Your Gabriel Maddox Questions
- 2. You Can Now Slow Jam to How I Met Your Mother's 'You Just Got Slapped' Thanks to Spotify
- 3. Ellen Pompeo Might Just Stay on Grey's Anatomy Forever
- 4. SMILF's Frankie Shaw Addresses Misconduct Allegations on Today
- 5. Steve Carell Reunites with The Office Creator for a Trump-Inspired Space Force Comedy
- 6. Oliver Is Going Legit in Arrow's Midseason Premiere Trailer
- 7. Now We Know How Jeffrey Dean Morgan's John Winchester Will Return to Supernatural