- Performed in the choir at her synagogue as a child.
- Studied anthropology in college.
- Got her start as a showroom model in L.A.
- Married Cary Grant, who was more than twice her age at the time of their wedding.
- Years of not working led her to go through her savings and almost lose her house in 1977.
- Was raised by a Jewish mother and Christian father, but she reconnected with her spirituality as an adult and became an evangelist, forming an outreach called God's Party with Dyan Cannon in 1999.
- Is known for being a huge fan of the L.A. Lakers.
- 1979, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 1972, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- 1970, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1970, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actress: Nominee
- 1978, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1969, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1976, Oscar — Best Short Film, Live Action: Nominee
- Claire Friesen — Mother
- Jennifer Grant — Daughter
- Stanley Fimberg — Ex-husband
- Cary Grant — Ex-husband
- Hal Ashby — Ex-significant Other
- Attended University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Did True Detective Just Reveal The Season 3 Killer?
- 2. Baywatch on Amazon Prime Will Heat Up Your Winter
- 3. Here's What to Stream Before Gillian Anderson Arrives on The Crown
- 4. Pete Davidson Returns to SNL to Talk a Bit About Mental Health but Mostly The Mule
- 5. Saturday Night Live Spoofs the Shutdown with Deal or No Deal Parody
- 6. At Long Last, the American Gods Season 2 Trailer Is Here
- 7. Happy Super Blood Wolf Moon! Here's a Ranking of the Best TV Werewolves