- His father was a concertmaster violinist and his mother was a cellist.
- Plays the oboe.
- Served in the Royal West African Frontier Force.
- Attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art with Joan Collins.
- Introduced ex-wife Jill Ireland to her future husband, Charles Bronson, while filming The Great Escape.
- Eventually took American citizenship and currently resides in New York.
- 1966, Golden Globe — Actor in a Television Series: Nominee
- 1969, Emmy — Outstanding Single Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 1966, Emmy — Outstanding Continued Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Dramatic Series: Nominee
- 1965, Emmy — Outstanding Individual Achievements in Entertainment: Nominee
- Katherine Carpenter — Wife
- Peter McCallum — Son
- Valentine McCallum — Son
- Jill Ireland — Ex-wife
- Iain McCallum — Brother
- David McCallum Sr. — Father
- Jason McCallum — Son
- Dorothy McCallum — Mother
- Sophie McCallum — Daughter
- Paul McCallum — Son
- Attended Royal Academy of Music, London, England; attended Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London, England
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Supernatural's Kevin Tran Deserved Better in His Season 15 Return
- 2. The Blacklist's Aram-Centric Episode Reveals What Happens When Keeping It Rich Goes Wrong
- 3. Netflix's Cowboy Bebop Faces Long Delay After John Cho's On-Set Injury
- 4. iZombie's David Anders Joins Roswell, New Mexico Season 2
- 5. Fiona's Crappy Ex on Shameless Is Going to Be a Hot Doctor on Grey's Anatomy
- 6. Survivor: Island of the Idols: Ranking the Worst Lies in Survivor History ... Including Noura's
- 7. The Laundromat Review: Meryl Streep is God-Level as Always in Soderbergh's Acidic Netflix Dramedy