- Was born in Virginia but moved to Houston, TX, with his family before he began school.
- As a youngster, considered becoming an animator.
- Before finding success in showbiz, worked as a caterer, nanny, telemarketer and food expeditor on the Sunset strip, among other things.
- Was still waiting tables while appearing on Six Feet Under in a recurring role.
- After making appearances on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia as an actor, he wrote and submitted a script, eventually earning the position of producer-writer.
- Emily Deschanel — Wife
- Bruce Hornsby — Cousin
- Henry Hornsby — Son
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States (BFA, 1998)
- 1. DC's Legends of Tomorrow Proved It's in a League of Its Own with a Cosmically Fun Finale
- 2. Everything We Know About the Arrowverse's (Potential) Batwoman Spin-Off
- 3. Where to Watch Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- 4. OMFG, Is Diggle About to Become the Green Lantern on Arrow?
- 5. Sophia Bush Calls Out One Tree Hill Producers for Taking Advantage of Cast's Personal Lives
- 6. Ellen Pompeo Says She Hasn't Spoken to Patrick Dempsey Since He Left Grey's Anatomy
- 7. Power Crew Member Killed in On-Set Accident