A member of the celebrated Arquette acting clan—which includes his grandfather Cliff, father Lewis, and siblings Rosanna, Alexis, Richmond and Patricia—David got his start on the small screen in the early 1990's on short-lived series (The Insiders, Parenthood) before landing a dim-witted role in the 1996 horror hit Scream. Not only did the movie jump-start his film career, it introduced him to his future wife, Courteney Cox. Alternating between harrowing dramatic roles in indies (Johns, The Grey Zone) and comedic parts in decidedly silly mainstream fare (Eight Legged Freaks, See Spot Run), Arquette carved out a solid acting career, then turned his sights behind the camera. He directed several episodes of sister Patricia's otherworldly drama Medium, and became professional partners with wife Courteney, appearing together in a handful of films (3000 Miles to Graceland, multiple Screams) and coproducing a number of shows, including her tabloid drama Dirt and her Cougar Town sitcom.
- Made his television debut in The Outsiders, which was executive produced by Francis Ford Coppola.
- Met Courteney Cox in 1996 on the set of Scream; in 2004, they formed Coquette Productions.
- Starred in the 2000 wrestling comedy Ready to Rumble and shortly thereafter won World Championship Wrestling's title of World Heavyweight Champion.
- In 2006, he was awarded the American Film Institute's Platinum Circle Award, along with other members of the Arquette clan, for the family's contributions to the entertainment industry.
- Chairman of the Entertainment Council for Feeding America, an organization that supplies food to low-income Americans.
- Executive producer of TV shows Dirt and Cougar Town, both starring then-wife Cox.
- Mardi Arquette — Mother
- Patricia Arquette — Sister
- Richmond Arquette — Brother
- Alexis Arquette — Sister
- Rosanna Arquette — Sister
- Augustus Alexis Arquette — Son
- Cliff Arquette — Grandfather
- Courteney Cox — Ex-wife
- Coco Riley Arquette — Daughter
- Lewis Arquette — Father
- Charlie West Arquette — Son
- Christina McLarty — Wife
Ranking Big Bang Theory's Guest Stars
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Should Veronica Mars Continue After Season 4?
- 2. The Brady Bunch Cast Is Reuniting for Specials on Discovery and Food Network
- 3. Jason Dohring Reacts to That Veronica Mars Bombshell: 'For Three Days I Had an Empty Feeling'
- 4. Veronica Mars Creator Explains That Gut-Wrenching Death: 'Even My Family May Turn on Me'
- 5. The Bachelorette's JoJo and Jordan Talk Wedding Plans and Their New Show Cash Pad
- 6. Big Little Lies Season 2 Finale Recap: The Truth Comes Out
- 7. The Loudest Voice Episode 4 Recap: Roger Ailes Kidnaps His Mistress