- Initially majored in math and physics in college, but switched to drama when he received a scholarship.
- Moved to New York City after college and became a member of the Acting Company at Juilliard; appeared in various stage productions in New York and San Diego.
- Appeared in guest roles on TV and in supporting parts in movies (Sweet Liberty, Angel Heart, Moon Over Parador) before hitting it big in 1988 as direct-mail entrepreneur David Meyer on L.A. Law.
- Signature role came in 1990 as Capt. Donald Cragen on Law & Order; directed several episodes of the series after departing in 1993.
- Starred as Abraham Lincoln on the controversial, short-lived sitcom The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfeiffer.
- Reprised his role as Capt. Cragen on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in 1999.
- Is an avid golfer and collects antique golf clubs.
- Went by "Danny" until he told a secretary it was time to drop the "y"; she took him literally, leading to the unusual spelling of his first name.
- Dave Florek — Brother
- Leonard Florek Sr. — Father
- Mary Kay — Sister
- Karen Florek — Wife
- Leonard Florek Jr. — Brother
- Darlene Florek — Mother
- Attended Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States; attended the Juilliard School, New York, NY
The Best Big Bang Theory Guest Stars, Ranked
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Angry Red Keeps Things Interesting on The Blacklist
- 2. One Chicago Is Losing Three of Its Stars, Including Jon Seda
- 3. Bellamy and Echo Will Be a 'Great Unit' in The 100 Season 6
- 4. Station 19 Just Tried to Pull a This Is Us with Chief Ripley
- 5. Grey's Anatomy: Jo's Downward Spiral Is Going to Ruin Her Life
- 6. All the Easter Eggs You Missed From The Twilight Zone, Legacies, Game of Thrones, and More
- 7. Everything We Know About The Handmaid's Tale Season 3 So Far