- Changed oil at his famous father's Chevy dealership for two years.
- After he won his first NASCAR Busch circuit title, the Earnhardts became the first family with three generations of NASCAR champs.
- Coauthored Driver #8, an account of his rookie year on the NASCAR Winston Cup circuit.
- Provided the voice of Junior in the 2006 animated film Cars.
- Is a devoted fan of the Washington Redskins; has their scores relayed to him while he's racing.
- In 2010, named favorite NASCAR (National Motorsports Press Association) driver for eighth straight year.
- A souped-up version of his #88 car appears in Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011).
- Brenda Jackson — Mother
- Kerry Earnhardt — Half Brother
- Teresa Earnhardt — Stepmother
- Dale Earnhardt — Father
- Amy Reimann — Wife
- Taylor Earnhardt Putnam — Half Sister
- Kelley Earnhardt — Sister
- Mitchell Community College, Statesville, North Carolina, United States