- Was the lead singer for rock band The Ottoman Bigwigs in Seattle.
- Won an Obie award for an off-Broadway production of A Streetcar Named Desire in 1999.
- Played Reverend Parris in the 2002 Broadway revival of The Crucible, opposite Laura Linney and Liam Neeson.
- Died of cancer after shooting five episodes of Silicon Valley; he was posthumously nominated for a Critics' Choice Award for his work.
- 2014, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- June Harper Welch — Daughter
- McKenna Marx — Sister
- Katherine Welch — Mother
- Derek Welch — Brother
- Emma Roberts Welch — Wife
- William Welch — Father
- University of Dallas, Dallas, Texas, United States (BA in Fine Arts); University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States (MA)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Melissa Benoist Will Direct an Episode of Supergirl in Season 5
- 2. Big Brother Vet Audrey Middleton Accuses Show of Exploiting Marginalized People Amid Racism Scandal
- 3. Angela Tells Pope She's 'Cool' With the Family Business in Animal Kingdom Exclusive Clip
- 4. Love Island's First Couples Challenge Shows Love Is Blind
- 5. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Defends Game of Thrones Writers After Season 8 Backlash
- 6. Veronica Mars Review: Hulu Revival Is Great Fun Until It's Not
- 7. The Loudest Voice Recap: Episode 3's Sexual Assault Scene Is Grotesque and Gratuitous