- Her father is Chinese and her mother American, and she has six brothers, including three biological siblings and three adopted.
- Joined the Second City Youth Ensemble at 12, studying acting and improv.
- As a teen, moved in with her paternal grandmother in Beijing, where she pursued a career as a singer.
- Studied Mandarin in China and released her first single, "Uh Oh," in both English and Mandarin.
- In 2010, served as a reporter on the TeenNick show The Nightlife.
- Sam Palladio — Ex-significant Other
- Austin Nichols — Ex-significant Other