- Elected class president of every year of high school and graduated class valedictorian.
- Studied acting with Lee Strasberg and Uta Hagen.
- First acting role was in a Broadway production of Tchin-Tchin in 1962.
- Turned down the role of Benjamin in The Graduate because of a salary disagreement.
- Authored several plays, beginning with 1990's The Price of Fame.
- Hosted The Charles Grodin Show on CNBC from 1995 to '98.
- Best-selling author whose works include It Would Be So Nice If You Weren't Here: My Journey Through Show Business (1989), How I Get Through Life: A Wise and Witty Guide (1992), I Like It Better When You're Funny: Working in Television and Other Precarious Adventures (2002) and How I Got to Be Whoever It Is I Am (2009).
- Actively supports the Children's Cancer & Blood Foundation and the Children's Health Fund.
- 1973, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1978, Emmy — Outstanding Writing for a Comedy-Variety or Music Special: Winner
- Marion Grodin — Daughter
- Elissa Durwood — Wife
- Lena Grodin — Mother
- Jack Grodin — Brother
- Nicky Grodin — Son
- Theodore Grodin — Father
- Attended University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, United States
- 1. Riverdale: What the Actual Hell Is Hiram Up To?
- 2. Power Boss Honors 'Beloved' Crew Member Killed in On-Set Accident
- 3. At Long Last, Jeffrey Dean Morgan Is Headed Back to Supernatural!
- 4. Miley Cyrus Confirms She's Going to Be in Black Mirror Season 5
- 5. What to Stream the Weekend of Dec. 14
- 6. The Cast and Creators of Good Trouble Tease Callie and Mariana's Sexy Fresh Start
- 7. A Million Little Things Bumps a Shondaland Show in New ABC Lineup