- Wanted to be a ballerina, but was rejected from the Royal Ballet; as a result, she suffered from anorexia and spent three months in psychiatric hospital as part of her recovery.
- Made her stage debut at age 16 as a chorus girl at a theatre in Colchester, England.
- Discovered on the BBC series Who Do You Think You Are that one of her ancestors was imprisoned in the infamous Tower of London, and another was accused of plotting to kill King Charles II.
- Released her debut novel, Not Quite Nice, in 2015.
- 2006, Olivier Awards — Best Performance in a Supporting Role in a Musical: Winner
- 2012, Olivier Awards — Best Actress: Nominee
- 2012, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Benjamin Whitrow — Ex-significant Other
- Angus Imrie — Son
- Diana Elizabeth Imrie — Mother
- David Andrew Imrie — Father
- Guildford School of Acting, Surrey, England