- Once considered becoming a lawyer.
- Worked as a State Farm claims adjuster for three years.
- Won the 1994 Richard Pryor Comic of the Year Award from BET.
- Founded a production company called A Bird and a Bear Entertainment.
- Established, with his sister, the Cedric the Entertainer Charitable Foundation, which awards scholarships and supports outreach programs.
- Published a book of comedic essays, Grown-A$$ Man, in 2002.
- Received a star on the St. Louis Walk of Fame in 2008.
- Lorna Wells — Wife
- Lucky Rose Kyles — Daughter
- Rosetta Kyles — Mother
- Croix Alexander Kyles — Son
- Tiara Kyles — Daughter
- Kittrell Kyles — Father
- Sharita Kyles Wilson — Sister
- Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States (1987)
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. One Chicago Is Losing Jon Seda and Two More Actors
- 2. Angry Red Keeps Things Interesting on The Blacklist
- 3. Bellamy and Echo Will Be a 'Great Unit' in The 100 Season 6
- 4. Station 19 Just Tried to Pull a This Is Us with Chief Ripley
- 5. Grey's Anatomy: Jo's Downward Spiral Is Going to Ruin Her Life
- 6. All the Easter Eggs You Missed From The Twilight Zone, Legacies, Game of Thrones, and More
- 7. Everything We Know About The Handmaid's Tale Season 3 So Far