- Through her mother, Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia, and grandfather, the exiled Prince Paul of Yugoslavia, she is closely related to Charles, Prince of Wales, and Queen Sofía of Spain.
- Made her acting debut playing Lady Diana Spencer in the 1982 TV movie The Romance of Charles and Diana; starred as the princess again for another TV movie Charles and Diana: Unhappily Ever After.
- Admitted to Harvard University, but deferred to take up modeling and acting, and later studied at Columbia University in New York.
- Interest in acting was sparked by Richard Burton, who was briefly engaged to her mother in 1974.
- Joined the prime-time soap Dynasty in Season 5, playing Amanda Carrington.
- Ended her marriage to producer Robert Evans after only nine days.
- Starred in the reality series I Married a Princess, which featured her relationship with Casper Van Dien and their family together.
- Maya Van Dien — Daughter
- Prince Paul of Yugoslavia — Grandfather
- Nicholas Augustus Balfour — Half Brother
- Christina Oxenberg — Sister
- Celeste Van Dien — Daughter
- Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia — Uncle
- Casper Van Dien — Husband
- Howard Oxenberg — Father
- Gracie Van Dien — Stepdaughter
- Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia — Mother
- Robert Evans — Ex-husband
- India Oxenberg — Daughter
- Cappy Van Dien — Stepson
- Princess Olga of Greece and Denmark — Grandmother
- Attended Columbia University, New York, New York, United States