One of MTV's most recognizable personalities grew up wanting to be a priest, but Carson Daly eventually abandoned his religious aspirations to pursue professional golfing. While training in California, he interned at a radio station and embarked on a DJ career, which eventually lead to his on-screen work. By the late 1990s the good-looking host became a teen tastemaker on Total Request Live, which he also executive produced. After a successful run at MTV, Daly landed a deal with NBC in 2002 and shifted his focus to a more adult audience with his own late-late-night TV talk show, Last Call with Carson Daly. He also picked up additional hosting duties for the network's annual New Year's Eve specials. In 2009 Daly hit another significant milestone when he had a son, Jackson, with girlfriend Siri Pinter. When he's not working, Daly supports breast-cancer research, as his mother is a survivor of the disease.
- Told Entertainment Tonight in 2000 that he stayed home and watched 60 Minutes with his dad the night of the prom.
- Played against Tiger Woods in the American Junior Golf Association and won a partial golf scholarship to Loyola Marymount University, where he was a theology student.
- Credited as the first person in the U.S. to interview Canadian singer Alanis Morissette.
- Discovered by MTV while working as a DJ for KROQ.
- Learned his two-year romance with girlfriend Jennifer Love Hewitt was over when he heard it on the radio in 1999.
- Received the Lifetime Achievement Award at MTV's 2004 TRL Awards.
- Ranked No. 24 on TV GUIDE's 2005 list of TV's 25 Greatest Teen Idols.
- Has his own production company, Carson Daly Productions, and co-founded the record label 456 Entertainment.
- 2017, Producers Guild Awards — Outstanding Producer of Competition Television: Winner
- 2013, Emmy — Outstanding Reality/Competition Program: Winner
- 2014, Emmy — Outstanding Reality-Competition Program: Nominee
- 2012, Emmy — Outstanding Reality/Competition Program: Nominee
- 2016, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Reality Show Host: Nominee
- 2017, Emmy — Outstanding Reality-Competition Program: Winner
- 2014, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Reality Host: Nominee
- 2015, Emmy — Outstanding Reality-Competition Program: Winner
- 2016, Emmy — Outstanding Reality-Competition Program: Winner
- 2018, Emmy — Outstanding Reality-Competition Program: Nominee
- Siri Daly — Wife
- Jackson James Daly — Son
- Etta Jones Daly — Daughter
- Jennifer Love Hewitt — Ex-significant Other
- London Rose Daly — Daughter
- Richard Caruso — Stepfather
- JD Daly — Father
- Tara Reid — Ex-fiancée
- Patty Caruso — Mother
- Quinn Daly — Sister
- Attended Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California, United States; attended College of the Desert, Palm Desert, California, United States
The Best Big Bang Theory Guest Stars, Ranked
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Let's Talk About Sex on TV, Baby
Sex Ed Week explores the ways TV is pushing boundaries forward – and the ways it still lets us down
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Bellamy and Echo Will Be a 'Great Unit' in The 100 Season 6
- 2. Station 19 Just Tried to Pull a This Is Us with Chief Ripley
- 3. Grey's Anatomy: Jo's Downward Spiral Is Going to Ruin Her Life
- 4. All the Easter Eggs You Missed From The Twilight Zone, Legacies, Game of Thrones, and More
- 5. Everything We Know About The Handmaid's Tale Season 3 So Far
- 6. Star Trek: Discovery's Ethan Peck on Spock's Finale Struggle and Season 3 Return
- 7. Tyler Blackburn Talks LGBTQ Representation on Roswell, New Mexico