- Was recruited to the University of Mount Union to play soccer.
- Studied at American Players Theatre.
- Cast as Honey in a Steppenwolf Theatre production of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? in 2010; the show eventually transferred to Broadway in 2012
- Made her big screen debut alongside Ben Affleck in 2014's Gone Girl.
- 2013, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- 2015, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2017, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or a Movie: Nominee
- 2015, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Actress in a Drama Series: Winner
- 2017, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Actress in a Movie Made for Television or Limited Series: Nominee
- Josh Coon — Brother
- John Coon — Father
- Tracy Letts — Husband
- Paula Coon — Mother
- University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio, United States (BA in English and Spanish, 2003); University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, United States (MFA in Acting, 2006)
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Marvel's Cloak and Dagger Takes Us Behind the Scenes of Tyrone's Tense Heist
- 2. Gotham Boss on the Batman-Centric Series Finale: 'It Means We Told the Story Properly'
- 3. Stan Lee's Final MCU Cameo in Avengers: Endgame Is a Heartwarming Send-off
- 4. All Signs Point to Brett and Casey Steaming Things Up on Chicago Fire
- 5. Manstead Is Dead on Chicago Med, Long Live Leestead
- 6. How to Watch the NFL Draft 2019 on TV and Streaming
- 7. Chicago P.D.'s Burgess Flirted with Darkness in an Emotionally Charged Episode