- Grew up performing in the theatre, jumping in and out of plays, sometimes 3 or 4 plays a year.
- Made his feature film debut playing Will in the 2013 western adventure drama The Retrieval.
- Was pursuing a BFA in acting at The Theatre School at DePaul University before leaving to focus on his acting career in 2016.
- Notably played Teen Chiron in the the Best Picture winning 2016 film Moonlight.
- Has modelled for Calvin Klein.
- Father is a fashion designer, and has hinted at possibly doing some of his own design work in the future.
- 2017, Independent Spirit Awards — Robert Altman Award: Winner
- 2016, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Attended DePaul University, The Theatre School, Chicago, Illinois, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Chuck Lorre's Bob Hearts Abishola Is a Love Story That Crosses Boundaries
- 2. It Will Be a Miracle If Brooke Survives the Entire American Horror Story: 1984 Season
- 3. Big Brother 21: Cliff Hogg Just Made a $500,000 Mistake (and It'll Cost Nicole, Too)
- 4. All Hail Demi and Kristian, the Queens of Bachelor in Paradise
- 5. Get Ready to Go Broke, Friends Fans: Ralph Lauren Has a New Rachel Green Collection
- 6. The 5 Best New Fall 2019 Broadcast Shows If We Were Forced to Pick 5
- 7. Here's How You Can Marathon Schitt's Creek Season 5 Before It Hits Netflix