When Ashley and her twin sister Mary-Kate were cast as one character on the family sitcom Full House at the age of nine months in 1987, no one could have predicted that they would soon rule a billion-dollar entertainment empire. After releasing an album and filming a TV-movie in 1992, the duo formed the production company Dualstar, making them the youngest producers in history. Throughout the '90s and early '00s, the Olsens made a plethora of direct-to-video movies, a handful of features, starred in a number of series, released albums, published a magazine and even launched a clothing line, making them unmistakable pop-culture icons. In 2004, they turned 18, released their first major Hollywood picture, New York Minute (it bombed) and took time off from their busy careers to enroll at New York University. Although the Olsens success was thanks in large part to their status as twins, as the sisters grew up they understandably tried to forge their own identities. They sported different outfits and hairstyles, and Ashley seemed to embrace a primmer persona while Mary-Kate was the rebel. Mary-Kate began independently pursuing acting work, while Ashley shifted her focus to fashion. In college, Ashley interned for designer Zac Posen, and in 2005, Harper’s Bazaar named her “Fashion’s New ‘It’ Girl.” In 2007, the twins teamed up to debut their own high-end fashion line, The Row. The following year they launched their second line, the lower-priced Elizabeth & James, and in 2009, the sisters partnered JCPenny to release their third line, Olsenboye.
- Born on Friday the 13th, two minutes before her fraternal (yet seemingly identical) twin, Mary-Kate.
- Is an inch taller than Mary-Kate.
- Doesn't have a middle name ("Fuller" is her mother's maiden name).
- Took turns with Mary-Kate playing Michelle Tanner on ABC's Full House because of child-labor laws, and the two appeared together onscreen only four times during the series.
- In 1992, released children's pop album Brother for Sale with Mary-Kate (325,000 copies sold).
- The magazine Mary-Kate and Ashley debuted in 2001. They released a clothing line for Wal-Mart the same year.
- Received a shared star with Mary-Kate on Hollywood's Walk of Fame in April 2004.
- Formed production company Dualstar in association with ABC in 1993. In 2004, the company signed a multi-million dollar, 10-year deal with Warner Home Video.
- Co-authored (with Mary-Kate) the 2008 book Influence, which pays tribute to the artists and designers who helped shape their personal styles.
- In 2009, released a fashion line, Olsenboye, with sister Mary-Kate, and partner company JCPenny.
- Justin Bartha — Ex-significant Other
- David Olsen — Father
- Elizabeth Olsen — Sister
- James Trent Olsen — Brother
- Taylor — Half Sister
- Mary-Kate Olsen — Sister
- Jake — Half Brother
- Jarnette Fuller Olsen — Mother
- Mackenzie Olsen — Stepmother
- Attended New York University, New York, New York, United States
- Birth Name: Ashley Fuller Olsen
- Birth Place: Sherman Oaks, California, United States
- Profession: Actor, Producer, Singer