- Lived in India for one year.
- Had never seen snow until he moved to New York City after high school.
- Has done volunteer work for children in Uganda.
- Trained at the Stella Adler Studio of Acting.
- To prep for his role as a nurse in Nurse Jackie, he spent five hours in the emergency room at Bellevue Hospital in New York City.
- Was not originally supposed to be a full-time cast member of Nurse Jackie, but was made one after the first season.
- 2012, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, New York, New York, United States (BFA, 2007)